Frequently Bought Together
RM56.00 – RM240.00
RM56.00 – RM240.00
Tasting Journal Snippets:
Creamy and rich vegetal taste with high umami taste, natural sweetness and smooth finishing.
Yame Green Tea won Best Prize in the All Japan Green Tea Competition for 12 consecutive years from 2001 to 2012, as well as in 2014 and 2015. As of 2007, all of the top 26 ranked brands of Gyukoro Green Teas are from Yame, showing its overwhelming excellence over green teas produced in other regions in Japan. In 2017, Yame Green Tea was awarded the first place in the World Green Tea competition.
1. Scoop 1 ½ teaspoons of matcha powder (about 2 grams) for every 250ml cup of milk. For 475ml, that would be about 2 teaspoons of matcha powder.
2. Sift your matcha powder into a tea bowl, swirling the powder with your ladle.
3. Pour hot water, and using your chasen, whisk the tea in a gentle circular motion for thin and smooth tea for about 10-15 seconds. This will ensure there are no clumps so that your tea will be smooth.
4. Heat milk and carefully pour some hot milk into tea bowl with matcha powder.
5. Use a frothing pitcher and pour remaining milk into the bowl.
Harvested and finely grounded from shade-grown green tea leaves in Yame, which is renowned across Japan for producing some of the finest quality green tea in the whole country. The temperature, shade and mist creates the perfect environment to nurture delicate teas. High in chlorophyll levels, Matcha has a complex and rich umami taste with smooth finishing. Highly recommended for its tremendous health benefits.
Yame is renowned across Japan for producing some of the finest high quality green tea in the whole country. Farmers work on small, remote plots of land high up in the mountains surrounding Yame. Kyushu’s largest plain receives 1,600 to 2,400 mm of rainfall per year, and temperatures are high during the day and drop drastically at night, which is important if you want to grow rich, sweet tea in large amounts. The temperature, shade and mist creates the perfect environment to nurture delicate teas. The ethereal mist and fog often found blanketing the fields in the morning don’t just add an air of mystery and beauty; they protect the leaves from the sunshine’s harshest rays.
Yame Region is proud of its top production amount of gyokuro green tea (Highest Quality). As much as 45% of all gyokuro available on Japanese market comes from Yame Region. Hence, Yame is renowned and known as one of the few production places of highest quality green tea in Japan.
Now available in-store at
No 21, Jalan Gangsa SD 5/3B Bandar Sri Damansara WP 52200
Powered With Oliver Pos